CIP Construction Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Investment Properties, Inc., is seeking an in-house Special Projects Architect with mixed-use and commercial design experience. The Architect will perform site due diligence, develop conceptual site plans and massing studies for use during preliminary land acquisition and development cases as well as oversee and manage the design and construction documentation process. The architect will be required to be registered with the North Carolina Board of Architecture and able to obtain if required, licenses through reciprocity in South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas, preferred NCARB certification. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Greensboro, NC.
The Special Projects Architect shall be responsible for the following:
• Developing conceptual design work for all commercial projects in NC, SC, TN, and TX. Overseeing the documentation process, and orchestrating the project’s lifecycle from initial concept to final construction.
• Managing multiple projects at various stages of development. Includes establishing project requirements, programming needs, and defining architectural language and familiar with multiple occupancy buildings and complex building code issues involved.
• Ensuring the viability of projects at early stages; familiar with land acquisition and development, strong communication skills with local and state level authorities. Able to lead review meetings, etc. during course of project ultimately to obtain a building permit(s).
• Evaluating potential VE items, reviewing shop drawings, and construction administration skills. Ability to resolve field conflicts and coordinate resolution in an expeditious, accurate, and cost-effective manner with Project Managers and Superintendents.
• Reviewing current plan sets for potential value engineering, and improved field coordination and constructability.
• Full understanding of AutoCAD 2016 and up, SketchUp and other 3D software able to produce color renderings as needed. Good communication skills a must.
• Some travel required for potential neighborhood/public meetings to discuss and explain project in addition to potential site visits during the course of construction as directed by Company President.
Those interested can apply here: https://goo.gl/LLpcsE