Little, nationally recognized as a “Best Firm to Work For” and one of the nation’s most progressive design firms, is seeking Project Architects with a passion for high quality design and a positive, collaborative work style, for our growing Healthcare Studio in our Charlotte, NC Office.
The individuals selected for this opportunity will be working with regional healthcare clients on projects of varying size and scope, with the opportunity to work with a team dedicated to advancing breakthrough ideas through design. The types of projects can cover the spectrum of healthcare facilities – with a focus on acute care, specialty centers and clinics. This position will require a team member that leads with a positive attitude and has the capacity to thrive in a high performance, client-centered environment.
- Lead the preparation of documents by the design team for obtaining all required state and local permits; Lead execution of subsequent agency reviews.
- Lead the coordination of the design team;
- Lead the coordination of internal and external consultants;
- Lead the coordination of medical equipment and building systems;
- Apply problem solving skills in coordination with contractors, designers, consultants, clients and end users;
- Manage the preparation of specifications;
- Lead client and user-group meetings;
- Provide construction administration services and quality control;
- Mentor other team members in their development
Requirements: Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of hands-on professional architectural experience, with minimum 5+ years’ experience with Acute care design and documentation;
- Architectural license;
- Strong Autodesk Revit proficiency required;
- Thorough knowledge of architectural design, detailing, codes, and building material characteristics;
- Thorough understanding of industry standards and building codes, including MEP design and medical/clinical requirements;
- Ability to collaborate with multiple team members, consultant groups and stakeholders;
- Ability to understand the client and various stakeholders’ vision and key factors for project success;
- Ability to travel as projects require;
- Experience with IPD project delivery, team colocation and/or Big Room preferred;
- High level of leadership skills, as well as clear and effective communication skills; and
- North Carolina DHSR (or similar out of state) experience preferred.
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. We are proud to offer outstanding office space, benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
Want to know what’s it’s like to work in Little’s Charlotte office? Here’s a Peek Inside Little-Charlotte https://vimeo.com/237620407
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume and portfolio/work samples to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/LIT1004LDAC/JobBoard/30702fd2-636e-4886-b1ce-4fc3b07e37ec/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2c9178aa-ff61-434d-83c8-a2a73267d113&sourceId=821f496e-81f6-4a13-9061-dd4301f72f19