MHAworks is a commercial architecture firm serving clients in North Carolina from offices in Durham, Greenville, Pittsboro, and Asheville. Founded in 1988 by Michael J. Hining, AIA, the firm provides architecture, interior design, and planning services. We approach each project with a commitment to adhering to the specifics of our client’s site, program, aesthetic, functional and financial criteria. We are a family friendly design firm, providing an exceptional opportunity for growth, ability to work on interesting projects, and a diverse learning environment. The strength of the firm is directly proportional to the strength of our individual members, which is why we seek to hire professionals who share our commitment to excellence.
The Position: The MHAworks Greenville, North Carolina, office is currently seeking a Project Architect with 3-5 years of professional experience who is comfortable working in both the public and private sector.
Job Requirements for Project Architect:
· Must be excited to reinforce a building’s concept design through detailing
· Must understand and know how to implement the building code
· Must be proficient with team management
· Must be able to build a full length project specification
· Understands the Construction Administration process and has experience in cost review and value engineering
· Is willing to aid in the evolution of office standards
· Is willing to aid in the evolution of Quality Assurance
· Proficient in Revit, AutoCad, Sketch-up, Adobe, etc.
· Understands how to redline a BIM developed drawing set
· Is comfortable working on multiple projects with varying types and scales
· Strong communication skills: verbal, written and graphic
· Comfortable giving presentations to clients and staff
· Understands the importance of mentoring younger staff
· Is willing to ask for help and take criticism for the betterment of projects and the studio
For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and PDF portfolio to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.