Little, nationally recognized as a “Best Firm to Work For” and one of the nation’s most progressive design firms, is seeking a Project Architect with a positive, collaborative work style, who will work in our Community, Studio in our Charlotte, NC office.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be an ambitious, creative Project Architect who has extensive experience working for civic clients. He/ She is passionate about design and is looking to improve the performance of our clients through creative collaboration and breakthrough ideas.
A candidate we’ll love:
- You have extensive Community project experience
- You are a resourceful and creative problem solver.
- You’re a good teammate – you want those around you to succeed and you’re capable of taking direction or leading a project to deliver a great product to our clients.
- You’re good with people – a strong listener, respectful in your interactions with others and have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator –verbally, graphically and in written form, people understand your ideas and the way you share them.
- You are organized and thorough – you understand how to work with and coordinate consulting partners and many moving parts to deliver a solid, final product.
- You have a strong understanding of design, space planning, spatial relationships and materials.
- You are a proponent for the role and importance of design, the design process and the reflection of design through the technical stages of the process.
- You have a strong understanding of technical design and coordination with other disciplines.
- You are inquisitive, always learning about new and innovative ways of improving our built environment.
- You have a passion for sustainability.
- You are a proponent of breakthrough thinking and ideas.
- You have professional drive and still have fun while you work.
A position you’ll love:
- You’ll be working in our dedicated community studio with other professionals dedicated to community practice projects, such as K-12 schools, College and University and Civic projects.
- You’ll have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Your work will include a variety of tasks and on a variety of projects.
- You’ll lead teams of designers and engineers to meet project requirements, budgets and schedules through a highly collaborative process.
- You’ll be responsible for guiding the design development, producing contract documents and providing construction administration.
- You’ll be accountable for project success.
- You’ll have numerous growth opportunities.
Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture from an accredited university.
- 5 to 7 years’ of experience in the architecture & design industry.
- Architectural registration (or on track) is preferred;
- Experience in Community projects, both new construction and renovations.
- Strong design skills
- Strong Revit skills; and Adobe Suite Experience (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop) desirable.
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. We are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities. To learn more about Little, please visit us at www.littleonline.com or check out our blog at: www.littlespeakeasy.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume and portfolio to https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=littleda&jobId=34428&lang=en_US&source=CC2.
Please note: We will not be accepting resumes from executive recruiters or agencies. Thus, if you are interested in the position, please apply directly to the link provided above.
Little is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.