Perkins+Will is seeking a project architect to join our Charlotte Office. Perkins+Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. Founded on the belief that design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities, we collaborate with clients all over the world to create healthy, sustainable places in which to live, learn, work, play, and heal. More than 2,000 professionals across over 20 Perkins+Will offices include some of the brightest minds in architecture, interior design, branded environments, urban design, and landscape architecture. Clients consistently turn to us for our leadership and expertise in areas like sustainability, resilience, health and wellness, and mobility. Additionally, our 10 Research Labs catalyze innovative design technologies and solutions that result in better, smarter, more competitive built environments. The recipient of hundreds of design awards each year, and a progressive leader in corporate social responsibility, Perkins+Will is consistently ranked among the world’s top design firms. Our family of partner companies includes retail strategy and design consultancy Portland; sustainable transportation planning consultancy Nelson\Nygaard; healthcare technology planning firm Genesis Planning; and luxury hospitality design firm Pierre-Yves Rochon (PYR).
Project responsibility for planning, development and execution of technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing and coordinating project team assignments.
Essential Job Functions:
• Works in tandem with designers to coordinate design development and construction documents.
• Advanced understanding of planning, programming and design principles and methods.
• Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
• Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
• Directs production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager.
• Coordinates project documentation execution, construction plans and details, insuring quality control and completion.
• Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
• Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects.
• Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design.
• Conducts and documents field observations to monitor progress of construction
• Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
• Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
• Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
• Ensures tasks are completed according to the Perkins+Will standards and Project Delivery Manual
• May establish architectural budget, task schedule and other components of the project work plan with project manager.
• Directs or coordinates production of construction documents, drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and cost.
• Implements meeting objectives, facilitates meetings and provides documentation in collaboration with Project Manager.
• May participate in marketing, client and owner presentations.
• Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their assignments.
Essential Job Requirements:
EDUCATION Professional Degree in Architecture
Experienced in all phases of project design, construction documentation production and construction materials
Familiar with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
Understanding of project management process
Ability to apply Revit and interpret and review Revit drawings
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to direct or coordinate work efforts of junior staff
Collaborative and professional work ethic
LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
Qualified applicants must apply at perkinswill.com/careers. A resume and a work sample is required.