Summit Design and Engineering Services is seeking an Intermediate/Junior Project Architect join our architectural team based in Raleigh. Summit is committed to training and advancement of our employees. We are looking for someone with strong graphic documentation skills as well as the readiness and initiative to engage new opportunities and learn and grow with our company. Under the guidance of the Project Architect, our Intermediate/Junior Project Architect will develop small to mid-sized commercial projects, from schematic design through construction documents for projects that range in complexity and type.
- Architectural degree from an accredited institution
- 2-5 years of professional experience and working towards licensure
- Solid understanding of drawing conventions, file organization, external references and technical accuracy
- Documentation of project from Concept through Schematic and Design Development
- Creation of contract documents
- Application of building codes, architectural standards and constructability on project documents.
- Creative problem solving ability
- Expert knowledge of 3D Studio Max, AutoCAD and Google Sketch-Up preferred
- Experience using Revit
- Highly motivated with a commitment to design excellence
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic presentation skills
- Work well independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to learn from senior designers and architects in a mentoring environment
Please go to http://summitde.applicantpool.com/jobs/ to apply and to upload your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action