STITCH Design Shop is an award-winning design firm offering a creative, collaborative work environment. We specialize in everything from innovative workplace environments, to modern residential, to base building revitalizations, to Parkitecture. STITCH is looking for a self-motivated candidate to accompany our Design Lead in charting the future path for STITCH Interiors. This role has a management focus with expectations of implementing the STITCH brand into new markets with great growth potential.
Qualitative - General Firm Expectations:
- Exhibit high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Comfort with multi-tasking and collaboration within a context of fast-paced projects
- Create client-oriented presentations that reflect the STITCH brand
- Convey firm “advocacy” both inside and outside the studio
- Work within a vibrant, high-energy environment and be adaptable to change
- Deep knowledge of architectural practice and construction process
Quantitative - “Ideal” candidate should demonstrate the following skillset / knowledge base:
- Design – ability to design interiors that are spatially oriented, and concept driven. Holistic approach that considers material, color, texture, lighting, and furniture.
- Collaboration – ability to work with Design Lead in translating a design concept or narrative into the appropriate solution tailored to each specific client
- Communication – strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas and strategies quickly, thoughtfully, and concisely.
- Management – ability to be sensitive to project fees, budgets, schedules. Ability to manage design process and supervise workflow of design and support staff.
- Programming – strong knowledge of programming techniques and ability to implement them with client and end-user groups.
- Documentation – strong knowledge of construction document production, consultant coordination, and detailing. Ability to both generate and direct production activities.
- Construction – knowledge of the construction process and ability to independently participate in the CA phase.
- Finishes – strong knowledge of the latest materials and their applications, availability, and cost. Ability to independently generate and develop concepts.
- Furniture – strong knowledge of key furniture manufacturers’ product lines. Ability to make selections and develop furniture specifications and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture and 5+ years related professional experience, NCIDQ certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Proven design experience in similar project types and sizes and team structures
- Experience and familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD, In-Design, Photoshop, SketchUp, and Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with NC building code and ANSI A117.1
Please submit resume and portfolio to email@example.com