The interior design manager reports to the firm’s Founding Principals and is responsible for coordinating with firm Principals and Project Managers to determine interior design project scope as well as interior designer staffing, workflow and project deliverables. The Interior design manager acts as a mentor to other interior design staff members and also will be assigned to support interior design services as a project team member as necessary.
Management of Interiors
· Manage and maintain and develop positive client relationships.
· Manage interiors expectations throughout all project phases.
· Oversee maintenance, upkeep and growth of material samples and library.
· Oversee current interiors vendor’s relationships and develop new ones.
· Mentor/guide work of less experienced team members.
· Work with Project Managers and Principal to determine scope of interiors services upon project start-up.
· Work with Principal and Project Managers to determine appropriate interiors staffing for project.
· Manage work flow and expectations of other interior staff members.
· Coordinate Interiors work to ensure timely and complete submission of documents.
· Support in selection of interior finishes for shell and core: materials including lobby, restroom, core areas, amenity spaces.
· Test fit layouts (including drawings/documentation).
· Programming for spaces as needed.
· Production of material sample boards (as determined by project scope).
· FFE services, including drawings and documentations.
· Review of construction submittals and RFI inquiries as they relate to interiors.
· Present and gain approval of design concepts.
· Prepare interiors project schedules and monitor adherence to terms.
· Research trends in workplace and other areas of interior design.
· Maintain knowledge of materials, furnishings and construction methods related to interior design.
· Facilitate/coordinate presentations for the office.
· 10 + years’ experience with commercial corporate and higher education interiors clients.
· Knowledge of workplace trends
· Experience working with project schedules, developing fees
· Ability to manage firm’s interiors process and also be a member of the production /project support team
· Proven ability to motivate team members and communicate well with co-workers and clients
· Excellent presentation skills and interpersonal communication skills.
· Experience with managing work of others
· Skilled with REVIT
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit resumes and any other application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Duda|Paine, architecture is a timeless equation of people, ideas, creativity and technology. Their sum is experienced in the buildings and spaces we shape for our clients. At the heart of the process is a studio culture where we conceptualize, collaborate, model, draw, render, work, play and generate solutions to their needs and a place to for their vision to come alive. Apply to join our team. We are pleased to offer an incentive signing bonus along with a competitive salary and total benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, 401(k) as well as an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.