MHAworks is a commercial architecture firm serving clients in North Carolina from offices in Durham, Greenville, Pittsboro, and Asheville. Founded in 1988 by Michael J. Hining, AIA, the firm provides architecture, interior design, and planning services. We approach each project with a commitment to adhering to the specifics of our client’s site, program, aesthetic, functional and financial criteria. We are a family friendly design firm, providing an exceptional opportunity for growth, ability to work on interesting projects, and a diverse learning environment. The strength of the firm is directly proportional to the strength of our individual members, which is why we seek to hire professionals who share our commitment to excellence.
The Position: The MHAworks Durham, North Carolina, office is currently seeking an Entry Level Designer who is eager to learn all aspects of the design profession. Candidates must be capable of working collaboratively, efficiently, and in a self-directed manner.
Job Requirements for Entry Level Designer:
· 4 year degree in Interior Design, Architectural Technology, or Bachelor / Master of Architecture
· Experience in an architectural office preferred
· Proficient in AutoCAD, Word and Excel
· Knowledge of Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
· Must be a motivated self-starter for multiple projects of varying types and scales
· Strong communication skills: verbal and written
· Comfortable giving presentations to clients and staff
· Is willing to ask for help and take criticism for the betterment of projects and the studio
Please email cover letter, resume, and, if applicable, PDF portfolio samples to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.