Perkins+Will is seeking an Arch III to join our Charlotte Office. Perkins+Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. Founded on the belief that design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities, we collaborate with clients all over the world to create healthy, sustainable places in which to live, learn, work, play, and heal. More than 2,000 professionals across over 20 Perkins+Will offices include some of the brightest minds in architecture, interior design, branded environments, urban design, and landscape architecture. Clients consistently turn to us for our leadership and expertise in areas like sustainability, resilience, health and wellness, and mobility. Additionally, our 10 Research Labs catalyze innovative design technologies and solutions that result in better, smarter, more competitive built environments. The recipient of hundreds of design awards each year, and a progressive leader in corporate social responsibility, Perkins+Will is consistently ranked among the world’s top design firms. Our family of partner companies includes retail strategy and design consultancy Portland; sustainable transportation planning consultancy Nelson\Nygaard; healthcare technology planning firm Genesis Planning; and luxury hospitality design firm Pierre-Yves Rochon (PYR).
As an Arch III on the Perkins+Will team, you will:
- Evaluate, select, and apply advanced architectural and design methods with responsibility for project assignments including programming, design development, and coordination and production of construction documents
- Develop and prepare construction documents, plans, and details; execute red-marked revisions
- Evaluate and integrate engineering systems and implement code, accessibility, and zoning analyses
- Conduct field observations to monitor progress of construction
- Work independently and alongside team to meet project constraints of budget and schedule
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate presentation materials
- Be involved with coordinating contractors, consultants, and vendor assignments
- Collaborate with and may mentor junior staff
- Utilize your rock star technical skills in Revit and other design application software
- Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
To join us, you will have:
- A professional degree in Architecture, Design or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience in all phases and aspects of a project deliverable
- Intermediate experience with project design, construction documentation production and construction materials
- Proficiency in Revit, CAD, graphic design, and 3D modeling and visualization software
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
- Interest in completing your ARE exams
Qualified applicants must apply at perkinswill.com/careers. A resume and a work sample is required.